Hit the Links in the Catskills
“To find a man’s true character, play golf with him.” – P.G. Wodehouse
The spectacular mountain views and rolling terrain make the Catskills a top destination for golfers. Here you’ll find many premier golf facilities with pristine courses, perfect for novices and experts alike. Grab your clubs and join us for world class golfing. It’s an annual tradition for some – that weekend where you get away from it all to focus on the perfect putt on the most amazing greens. After the game, a cool drink at the clubhouse enjoying a breathtaking mountain view completes your relaxing day. It’s a golfer’s dream.
Which one of our beautiful golf courses will be your favorite?
- College Golf Course at Delhi (85 Scotch Mountain Road, Delhi, NY 13753, 607-746-4653) Premier 18-hole public course in classic 1960’s design with challenging, undulating greens in a beautiful mountain setting. The course is a training ground for the students of the nationally recognized golf programs at SUNY Delhi. Features: driving range, practice green, pro shop, café, leagues, tournaments, championships.
- French Woods Golf & Country Club (17740 E State Highway 97, Hancock, NY 13783, 607-637-1800) Complete 18-hole public course with challenging fairways, water hazards and sand traps in a picturesque setting. Features: clubhouse, pro shop, private dining room, tournaments.
- Hanah Mountain Resort & Country Club (576 West Hubbell Hill Road, Margaretville, NY 12455, 845-586-4849) 19 holes on a challenging, well-groomed course at a beautiful mountain country resort. A selection of golf packages available with meals and all the resort amenities including pool, sauna, restaurant, and more.
- Hardwood Hills Golf Course (11160 State Highway 8, Masonville, NY 13804, 607-467-1031) Challenging 18-hole course in a gorgeous mountain setting. Tournaments, clubhouse with food and spirits.
- Ouleout Creek Golf (13501 State Highway 357, North Franklin, NY 13775,607-829-2100)18-hole public course with creeks, ponds and dog legs for experts and beginners alike in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
- Scott’s Family Resort Golf Course (159 Golf Course Road, Deposit, NY 13754, 607-467-3094) Two 9-hole public courses: Main Course and Executive Course. Fantastic scenery. Practice putting green and pitch & putt course. Free play for resorts guests.
- Shephard Hills Golf Club (562 Shephard Hill Road, Roxbury, NY 12474, 607-326-7121) 9-hole public course on challenging terrain with spectacular mountain view. Clubhouse and pro shop. Rentals, lessons and tournaments.
- Stamford Golf Club (Taylor Road, Stamford, NY 12167, 607-652-7398) 18-hole course on rolling terrain with undulating greens, appealing to both experts and high handicappers. Pro shop, clubhouse, driving range, practice putting green, private lessons.
Photo: Hanah Mountain Resort & Country Club, Margaretville, NY
- Fallsview Golf Course at Honor’s Haven (1195 Arrowhead Road, Ellenville, NY 12428, 845-210-3106) Golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. 9 holes, par 35 course with a driving range, dress code, golf school, pro shop and lessons.
- Lochmor Gof Course (Loch Sheldrake-Hurleyville Road, Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759, 845-434-1257) A par 71, 6550 yard, 18 hole championship golf course.
- Monster Golf Club at the Concord Resort (84 Chalet Road, Kiamesha Lake, NY 12751, 845-794-9700) The 18 hole par 72 Monster Golf Course, with a world famous layout, was voted by Golf Digest as one of America’s 100 golf courses. There are five sets of tees, ranging from 5,200 yards to 7,600 yards. Riding carts, driving range, club rentals, lessons, dress code, pro shop, snack bar, golf school.
- Sullivan County Golf & Country Club (2514 State Route 52, Liberty, NY 12754, 845-747-4337) 189 acres of picturesque golf
- Tarry Brae Golf Course (387 Pleasant Valley Road, South Fallsburg, NY 12779, 845-434-2620) Par 72, 18 hole championship course designed by William Mitchell. Challenging mountain course with tree lined fairways and many scenic holes.
- Tennanah Lake Golf & Tennis Club (100 Fairway View Drive, Roscoe, NY 12776, 888-561-3935) 18-hole championship golf course. Beautifully maintained, challenging par 72 course with a 50-mile 180-degree panoramic view of Catskill Mountains. Golf lessons, practice greens, driving range, complete Pro Shop. 24-room inn, 40-seat restaurant and bar, 30-seat outdoor dining deck.
- Twin Village Golf Course (144 Rockland Road, Roscoe, NY 12776, 607-498-5829) An 18-hole course with a clubhouse.
- Villa Roma Resort (356 Villa Roma Road, Callicoon, NY 12723, 845-887-4880) The par 71, 6,514 yard course is a perfect challenge for the expert and the 6,200 to 6,350 yard course is well-matched for beginners, women and juniors. The best fairways and greens in the region.
Photo: Fallsview Golf Course at Honor’s Haven, Ellenville, NY
- Alapaha Golf Links (180 Sawkill Road, Kingston, NY 12401, 845-331-2334) An executive, nine-hole par-30 links-style golf course that challenges golfers with sand bunkers and two ponds.
- Apple Greens Golf Course (161 South Street, Highland, NY 12528, 845-883-5500) 27-hole public championship golf course. Driving range, scenic views, restaurant on premises.
- Ascot Park Golf Center (163 Esopus Avenue, Kingston, NY 12401, 845-339-6395) Driving range, chipping range, putting green, miniature golf, golf professional, lessons and parties.
- Mohonk Golf Course (1000 Mountain Rest Road, New Paltz, NY 12561, 800-772-6646) Historic Scottish-style golf course. Lessons and golf packages. Tee times required.
- New Paltz Golf Course (215 Huguenot Street, New Paltz, NY 12561, 845-255-8282) Challenging 9-hole, par-36 golf course with a combination of length, water hazards, natural marshes and trees.
- Rondout Golf Club (10 Bank Street, Accord, NY 12404, 845-626-2513) Breathtaking views, 3 1/2-rated 18-hole golf course. Sunrise – sunset. Golf lessons and group packages available. Full menu restaurant and bar.
- The Shawangunk Country Club (38 Country Club Road, Ellenville, NY 12428, 845-647-6090) A well-conditioned, nine-hole course, with spectacular views of the Shawangunk Mountain region.
- Stone Dock Golf Club (12 Stone Dock Road, High Falls, NY 12440, 845-687-7107) Competitive course with breathtaking scenery, complemented by friendly people and the Tapp Inn with full bar.
- The Lazy Swan Golf & Country Club Village (1754 Old Kings Highway, Saugerties, NY 12477, 845-247-0075) A 18-hole championship caliber golf course for a unique golf experience with incredible views of the Catskill Mountains.
- Turtle Creek Golf Course at Garden Cathay (219 Plattekill Ardonia Road, Plattekill, NY 12568,845-564-3220) A 9-hole, public golf course with picturesque views and interesting golf challenges.
Photo: Mohonk Golf Course, New Paltz, NY