Preparing Your Home
If you want to sell your home this spring, our team is here to help with a few tips. From deep cleaning to creating curb appeal, there are a few simple ways to take your property to the next level and impress potential buyers. Add more items to their “pro list” when comparing your place to another by following this guide:
- Downsize & De-Clutter. Take the opportunity to free up room throughout your house. Book shelves, bike racks, knick-knacks – anything you’re able to part with will help create space, make the house feel more open, and allow the buyer to envision it as their own.
- Basic Repairs. Updating old outlets or replacing dated lighting can go a long way. You don’t need to spend a lot of money either. Give plumbing, electrical, and cosmetics a little attention. The result will be fewer items on the home inspection report (a big factor in the buyer’s purchase).
- Get Fresh & Clean. A clean home is a happy home. Make the place look fresh and bright by cleaning out spider webs, dusty light fixtures, and dirty windows. Freshen up or remove old drapery, wipe down all mirrors, and really scrub down the bathroom and kitchen. If you can’t, then consider the investment of a cleaning crew. Hire a local service or cleaning person to do a thorough, professional job. Add a finishing touch like fresh flowers, a scented candle, or an essential oil diffuser to bring a subtle, pleasing fragrance into the space.
- Create Curb Appeal. First impressions are everything, so the exterior of the house is of the utmost importance. Rake, mow, sweep and weed. Make the entryway sweet and inviting with potted flowers or a welcome mat. Remove any debris or refuse, including in gutters, window boxes or garden beds. Check that doors, walking paths and exterior structures aren’t hazardous for folks viewing the property. Don’t forget to make sure the number on the house is big and legible so it’s easy for them to find.
- Go the Extra Mile. Paint all the walls white, repair the roof, fill the heating tank, update the appliances and utilities. Stage your home with creature comforts that will make buyers swoon: throw pillows, artful touches, stylized living areas. If you can afford to put in the time and money, you can increase the overall value and appeal to buyers looking for move-in ready options.
Preparing your home for sale can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t need to be. We have so much more guidance and resources to provide. Contact one of our talented agents about selling your home today.